August 21, 2014

The Contest Winner is......

Thanks to everyone who entered my contest! I LOVED all of the entries!  All of them had different settings which I loved!
I can only pick one winner though....
The one girl who won this contest overall is....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
*Intense music plays*
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I have to pick...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Her blog name is
The Secret Ghost Caller
and with that said
The winner of Another Enchanted Land's Short Story Contest is...
Chloee!

"I'll race you!"  Nimr challenged, already riding ahead on his horse.
    "You didn't even say 'go'!"  I laughed, chasing after him on Lujayn, my flea bitten gray Arabian horse.  I assumed we were racing to the Mountains because that was the direction we were headed.  I changed from a canter to a full on gallop, speeding ahead of Nimr and his black tobiano Paint horse, Dawar.  I might be a girl, but I'm very competitive. 
    I glanced back and saw that Nimr’s eyes were wide open with an expression of shock.  I smirked back cockily because he was probably surprised that I had caught up so fast.  Then, I turned back around and realized it wasn't me Nimr was shocked at.  I gasped in horror as I took in the whole picture.
The valley of Basqir was being trampled on by enemy solders the bright purple flag that signaled the rival tribe marched swiftly thought the sea of solders the deafing sound of boots echoed though I looked at Nimr the king’s son and only heir to the throne whose father was gravely sick with the mystery illness Tolea which had already taken hundred’s across the land. I was just Nimr’s servant and closest friend the lowly girl who was looked down upon as a filthy peasant down upon by everyone, except the King and prince.
The queen was kind to me too but she was taken years ago by Tolea which had aged the king dreadfully. Nimr’s face was set in a frown his hazel eyes filled with worry yet the rest of his face expressionless. “We must go alert my father.” He turned Dawar and galloped off. I finally caught up to Nimr.
“How long will it take them to reach us?” “Ten day’s if they move throughout the night.” He held onto the reins.
 We finally made it to the empire leaving behind the high walls that guarded the outside of the empire the brick road was filled with people and horses market spilled onto the street’s the sound of people talking and ordering filled the air and delicious scent’s made my mouth drool if it wasn’t dry from the fear the army had sent though me brick apartments cluttered the side of the street and in the center of the city palace stood proudly.
 We walked inside leaving the horses outside with the other servants. Our shoes clicked on the marble floors, the walls were decorated by hand painted pictures of battles and other important things that had happened in the course of history, flowers and flora were placed in vases on the expensive furniture, the chandler’s hung from the ceiling lighting, and rugs made from the finest fur laid on the floor.
After walking through the grand floors we weaved our way through doctors and nurses who tirelessly worked thought the hours trying to keep the king alive we stood behind a thick glass wall that separated us from the illness.
The king’s face was a blotchy shade of red and his eyes were barley opened and glazed over his skin was a sick shade of yellow and the pot’s that had been the warning sign of the illness had seemed to glow making the purple color deeper. Sadness crossed Nimrs face but he pushed it aside. Nimr’s a very emotional boy being the tender age of fifteen I knew he was going to break down soon and I wanted to be there to comfort him but even I had trouble with making the pain of loss go away.
“When can I see him?” Nimr asked a doctor. The older man sighed. “Your magasity I must tell you something.”
 The doctor looked at me up and down his face filled with disgust my simple dress was dirty from the saddle, my shoes were old and worn my hair a tangled dirty mess, and my skin was caked in filth compared to the princes royal blue colored robes robes decorated with beads and tassels not a speck of dirt was on them, his wavy dark chocolate hair was combed and clean, and his skin clean from the luxurious comfort of bathing every day. He pulled Nimr aside and I waited patiently for him.
After a while Nimr came back his eyes were filled with tears but he held them back.
“He doesn’t have much time.” Nimr pushed aside the doctors despite docters trying to hold him back and went inside and sat beside his father. I could see them speaking and I could see Nimr fight back tears but held the kings hand speaking softly finally Nimr came out and walked up to me.
“He wishes to speak to you.” I looked at the king. “Your majesty.” I bowed besides him. “No need to bow to a dying man.”
The king spoke his voiced strained and weak. “You wished to see me.” “I need you to watch over Nimr you’re the only one he listens to better then me even.” The king gave a weak chuckle.
“But I’m only the servant.” I protested.
“You have a good head on your shoulders and courage more than most men I’ve met.”   He words were kind and comforting in the dark time.
“I don’t know what to do though.”
 “The time will come when it all becomes clear.”
 His voice became dark. ”The empire is going to war soon and there’s only one way to and it all.”
“What is it?” “
“In my office there’s a scroll of great importance that will tell you were to go and find the majestic one he will tell you how to stop the war.”
“But how will I help?”
“You and Nimr will travel to there and my brother Laham will watch over the empire till you come back.”
 “I will find the majestic one and watch over Nimr.”
“I must go now my time has come.”
The king closed his eyes,his hand fell limp,his breath stopped, and his skin turned cold. The doctor’s came and took him away.
 We walked into the gardens and sat under the cherry tree.
“I’m so sorry.”  

Nimr finally cried and didn’t stop for a very long time, the tears ran down his face as he sat there and trying to stop while I held him


Check out her blog ♥here♥
There is a button on my sidebar for you, Chloee!
I loved all of the entries! It was super hard to choose!  I even asked my younger bro, but he didn't want to read all of them. xD

Check out these entrant's blogs too:

Also, check out AEL's Contest Winners page!
From now on, whenever I have a contest, I will post the winners and entrants in there!

Congrats to all!

*~Joy~*


3 comments:

  1. Hi Joy! I nominate you for a liebster award! Its over here-> http://weezasjournal.blogspot.com/2014/08/award.html
    -xoxo
    June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Chloee! Your story is great! :)

    ReplyDelete