October 19, 2015

Childhood Story - My "Fuzzy" Friend

Hey guys!
I meant to publish a post sooner...better late than never, aye?
Here's a memory of when I was a tot.

~*~

    I remember sitting on our patio next to my brothers. Just sitting and listening to them chatter. I saw a small, fuzzy-looking flying bug land near me. Picking it up with a cupped hand, I petted it with my finger. It was fuzzy and so cute! The fuzz was black and yellow and the wings were so small! I giggled as it walked around my hand.
    I showed the little guy to my brothers and they gasped. "That's a bee, Joy!" I shook my hand and started crying. I had heard what a bee was, but didn't know this was one. My brothers rushed inside, I followed, pushing against them, trying to get in before getting stung.
    My mom was there and she asked what was wrong. I was still crying and tried to talk through my tears. "I had a bee in my hand!"
    "Did it sting you?"
    "No, but it almost did!" 
The bee looked similar to this. Pic via
 ~*~

That is all I could remember, but yes, I usually wasn't afraid of bugs that young. I would (and still do) pick up frogs and lizards, caterpillars and roly polies, butterflies- oh talking about butterflies and bees...

~*~

    One day, when I was young, my brothers and I were at a friend's pool. I was out of the pool because there butterflies flying around. One landed on the edge of a doggy pool and I was quick enough to catch it. The yellow and black butterfly walked on my fingers, it's little curly-tongue-thing licking me. 
   Fear washed over me and I shook my hand to get it off. The body looked too similar to a bee and it's tongue...was it gonna hurt me? 
    The butterfly had landed in the doggy pool. I was scared for the poor butterflies life, but I was also scared for my life...I didn't exactly want to pick it out. Thankfully, our friend was there and she saved it's life.

~*~

Haha, ah, the weird fears of me as a young child...No I'm not scared of yellow and black butterflies anymore. Actually I keep trying to catch them, but unfortunately, since I can't just grab them, they are too fast.
I hope you enjoyed these two stories! Do you have any similar bug stories?


No comments:

Post a Comment