September 10, 2015

Childhood Memory - Tick Or Spider?

When I was young, maybe 6 or 7, I was sleeping in my brother's room on the floor (I think it was thunderstorming and I was scared). I snuggled into my sleeping bag, my hands resting on top. Right before I drifted off, my fingers brushed over something. I touched the thing and it felt small and circular. 
I darted upright, no longer tired. I've heard stories of ticks and how nasty they were. I went out of the room and called Dad. He walked me back and checked my sleeping back. Guess what he found curled up? A spider. I had killed it when I touched it. Ew. I was afraid to sleep on the floor for several months, thinking a spider would come. (I did have to sleep there other times, even though I protested.)

Well, there's a childhood story for you. Haha! I actually did have several ticks on me, the worst time being two on my head, but that's a different story. 
Bleh.

---------------------------------------------------
Make sure to check out the Ongoing Contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment