November 10, 2015

QOTW / More NaNoWriMo Updates


~*~

It's been a week since I updated you guys on my word count and other NaNo stuff, but that was because I've been sooo buuusssy! NaNo takes up a lot of time, but it is also very fun. I'm glad I decided to take on this challenge. I also can't wait to edit my story... xD

During the week, I hit all the daily word goals except for yesterday. I was only 200 words short though and that's really easy to write. I've had some writer's block, but I'm pushing through it. So far I have 15,173 words and I changed some things in my story:

*Instead of only using my MC male POV, I changed it, so I have my female MC POV

*I changed my MAIN main character (if that makes sense) to my female, as her stakes are higher in the story than my male

*I added another character that will change the story in a way...

So yeah! Exciting stuff!
Let me tell you the name of my main-ish characters, description, and random lines from them 'cause why not?

Farryn
She has crimson red hair and green eyes. Once a noble's daughter, she was kidnapped and has blamed Emerson ever since. Through all the torture she's been put through, she bundles up her emotions and fears and hides it in the darkest parts of her. She has changed...

She growled and grabbed one of the bars of the window, then let go, wide-eyed and opened mouth. What have I done? These memories I hid, I hate, they’re festering…they’ve been festering and-and it’s turning me into…I’m turning into…a monster.

Emerson
Dirty blond hair and brown eyes. He is a foster child along with his brother, Thomas, and sister, Edith. He met Farryn as a child, walking through the woods, but one day, saw her getting kidnapped. He didn't help, too scared to move and he's blamed himself ever since, but then he gets a quest to find her and bring her back to the village...

“Maybe this will help keep you focused.” Emerson pulled out the letters he hid in his pocket. 
“Wha-how…where did you find those?” Thomas glanced at the door.
“In the shed, but don’t worry, I wasn’t trying to find you out, just some flower seeds.”

Thomas
Blond hair and blue eyes. As said above, he is a foster child. He loves helping people and is loved by the village when he grows up. He hands Emerson the quest to find Farryn...

..."I can only help with so much.”
“Yeah, like a huge soup kitchen.” Emerson said and, in response, Thomas gave him a side-long glance. Some people came up to thank him. “The whole village loves you.”

Lily
Raven hair and brown eyes. She is the motherly figure that gets locked in with Farryn to help her while she's young. She is very bubbly and talkative. She wanted to help Farryn escape, but was thrown out before she could...

“Oh my, oh wow! Rynny, I missed you, I thought you’d come sooner. Oh my!” Her voice sounded breathy and high-pitch.
Carver
Bronze-colored hair and gray eyes. He used to love writing, but his dad didn't approve and took matters into his own hands, gaining him the job of guarding Farryn. He's not like the other buff guards and definitely does not know the ways of being one yet.

“Uh, yeah. Carver.” He stuck out his hand, then dropped it.
“Yeah, first name I’ve gotten from the guards. Not really a pleasure to meet you.” Farryn crossed her arms.  “Is it time?” 
“Aye, follow.”
“You are really new…You’re suppose to hold or tie my hands up and walk me out. Maybe a few threats and slaps, or perhaps a knife to my back.” She shrugged. “You’re welcome.”

(I'm still figuring out this guy, as he is my newest character.)

So yeah, der we have it. I may change bits and pieces of my characters since I'm still in draft mode and I didn't say a lot about the characters...there is muuuch more about them, but I didn't want to write everything here before I was done. :P

My synopsis is coming soon! I just need to put the finishing touches and also...think of a title...

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Your story sounds really interesting! I started doing NaNoWriMo this year because you suggested it. I stopped after a while, though. It just didn't fit into my busy schedule but doing some of it made me think more in depth about my story. Thank you!
    ~Anna
    https://the3musketeerssite.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Ah, that's too bad, it does take a lot of time. Aw, you're welcome and thank you! I'm glad it helped you! :)

      Delete