March 12, 2015

The Day I Ate Chalk...

In 2nd grade (I was in public school then), there was a blue plastic treasure chest in our classroom that had cheap little things in it. Kids got to pick a toy out when they behaved or did well in school.

One day I got to pick something out! I dug through the chest trying to find something cool. The only thing that caught my eye was a pink, blue. and yellow flower wrapped in plastic. I snatched it up thinking it was a cookie. I didn't know how wrong I was.

When I got home, I took the "cookie" and showed my mom.  She thought it was chalk, but I told her otherwise. While I unwrapped it, a few broken pieces fell out, which for me, were crumbs. 

Then, I did it.

I took a bite.

It didn't taste like anything and it made my mouth dry.  After playing with it in my mouth, I spit it out, thinking back on what Mom had said. I took the one-less-flower-petal "cookie" and drew on our chalkboard. 

I knew, then, that it was chalk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lesson from the story: Don't eat flower looking cookies from school. 

(Just kidding)

Has anything that weird/funny ever happened to you?


4 comments:

  1. LOL!!!! that is so funny!!!!!! :D

    <3 CeCe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr, I still look back on it and laugh. xD

      Delete
  2. Ha! This reminds me of Health class a couple years ago, when we baked Christmas ornaments (you know the ones that look a LOT like cookies?) I traded my "cookies" for someone else's snack at lunch, and they almost ate it! They didn't trade food with me again after that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, those cookie ornaments sometimes make me hungry. XD

      Delete